Out of the night that covers me,
夜幕低垂将我笼罩
Black as the Pit from pole to pole.
两极犹如漆黑地窖
I thank whatever gods may be,
我感谢未知的上帝
For my unconquerable soul.
赋予我不败的心灵
In the fell clutch of circumstance,
即使环境险恶危急
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我不会退缩或哭嚎
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
立於时机的胁迫下
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
血流满面我不屈服
Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
超越这般悲愤交集
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
恐怖阴霾独步逼近
And yet the menace of the years,
岁月威胁挥之不去
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
我终究会无所畏惧
It matters not how strait the gate,
纵然通道多麼险狭
How charged with punishments the scroll.
尽管严惩绵延不尽
I am the master of my fate,
我是我命运的主人
I am the captain of my soul.
我是我心灵的统帅